Thursday, July 12, 2012

Week 2 - Thursday July 12th, 2012 - The people I spend my day with!


Valerie sitting in our usual spot outside the lab!
One of the best parts of this RET program is meeting so many new people. To the right is Valerie! She is my partner and a middle school teacher in Sharon with a LOT of teaching experience. Valerie has been an excellent person to spend my day with - she is thoughtful and meticulous and has great ideas for how to make science more accessible to students.


Valerie and George





  Behind Valerie to the left is George. George is our go-to-guy. He is a graduate student at BU who also received his undergrad degree here. He is teaching Valerie and I how to do all of the lab protocols we are working on (I will go into more detail on this in a later post). George is very hard-working and currently involved in a number of different projects, but makes time to show us what he's up to. He even took us down to the clean-room the other day (more on that later).




Carlos
On the right is Carlos - Carlos is a post-doc who has spent a lot of time showing Valerie and I the ropes. He's friendly and dedicated and pretty much runs the labs - or so it seems so far!!!

In this picture he is sitting at the single particle detector that we have recently learned how to use. I will include more details and pictures of this in a later post as well!




Oh, I suppose I should include a picture of myself... Well here I am - working on this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment